Collection of Personal Data
Personal data means information provided by you which is capable of identifying you, directly or indirectly, and include but are not limited to your name, NRIC or passport number, age, gender, nationality, address, contact details (such as telephone numbers and email addresses), profession, company name, job title, income, employment details, insurances, blood type, financial status, marital status and family members’ details, your photographs or images captured by way of video surveillance installed in our premises.
Personal data includes sensitive personal data such as physical or mental health or condition, political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature, commission of offences or other types of sensitive personal data as the relevant Minister may prescribe. Personal data also includes expression of opinion.
Your personal data is collected from information provided by you through various means including but not limited to application forms, questionnaire, survey forms, on-line application and website. Your personal data may also be collected from a variety of sources including but not limited to any events, campaigns, trips or activities organized or sponsored by BUBS whether by itself, together with or in collaboration with others.
Unless required by law or by any relevant authority, the provision of your personal data is voluntary. However, without the personal data, BUBS may not be able to fulfil or comply with your request or application or include you in the projects or activities organized or sponsored by BUBS or to provide you with any assistance.
Processing and Use of Personal Data
BUBS processes and uses the personal data collected for any one or more of the following purposes:
- enrolment of membership and Dhamma School students;
- processing your requests, enquiries or applications;
- communicating with, notifying or updating you on the activities of BUBS;
- provision of Limbs For Life project or such other projects as may be organized or sponsored by BUBS;
- compliance with any obligations under the law; and
- for any other relevant purposes directly related to the activities or operation of BUBS.
Disclosure of Personal Data
Your personal data may be disclosed to the following parties:
- regulatory and government authorities;
- any professional advisors including external auditors, accountants and professional service providers appointed in relation to the activities of BUBS;
- third party service and products providers including information technology service provider, data entry service provider and storage facility provider;
- insurance brokers and companies; and
- other Buddhist societies or organizations.
Access and Correction of Personal Data
You may access and/or correct your personal data by submitting your request in writing to BUBS.
If you do not wish to receive newsletters or updates from us or would like us to cease processing your personal data in a specified manner, you may also submit a written request to BUBS of such of your intention.
If you wish to make any such request or if you have any inquiries or complaints in respect of your personal data, please contact:
No. 3, Jalan BU 3/1,
47800 Petaling Jaya,
Please include your full name, address, identification number, telephone numbers and email address in your written request which may be used to identify you and such other information in such format as we may require.
Please update BUBS on any changes to your personal data.
Changes to Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be modified, updated or amended from time to time. BUBS will place any such revised or updated Privacy Notice on its website.